`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R. Nugent Hopkins Potential

RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins would have been "The" rookie in just about any class. His year may have been weak, but the #1 pick was not. I can't say he will be a star, because he already is. He lost Rookie of the Year to Gabriel Landeskog only because Landeskog hits more and is better defensively. RNH is a pure goal scorer and reminds me of a Sakic or Gretzky when he skates (I'm not saying he's necessarily that good, just reminiscent of).

The other half of it is, the Oilers may be weak but, being a Canadian city with an NHL franchise, they are hockey insane. That doesn't always translate to hobby love, but in Edmonton, hockey cards aren't exactly new and it is an area of collecting for sure.

I think the biggest thing RNH will have to overcome to be a hobby darling is he's on the same team as Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Magnus Paajarvi and a few other really young studs. Eberle in particular has lots of collectors.

With that said, I think he'll keep value for awhile.

As for Stamkos, that was an interesting situation. You had the biggest, most anticipated young star since Crosby and Ovechkin playing for a coach who hated him and wouldn't put him on the ice. Once Melrose was given his walking papers, Stamkos emerged.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Messages In This Thread
R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - by kstjst - 10-09-2012, 01:12 PM
RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - by wickabee - 10-09-2012, 02:25 PM
RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - by rczubaty - 10-09-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - by wickabee - 10-09-2012, 03:34 PM
RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - by kstjst - 10-09-2012, 04:31 PM
RE: R. Nugent Hopkins Potential - by wickabee - 10-09-2012, 04:59 PM