`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
86 fleer jordan real or fake?

RE: 86 fleer jordan real or fake?
Here is another site on how to tell if a MJ RC is fake or not...

I know a few collectors that prefer toploaders, but I would rather have a hardcase... screwdowns are not very good, because people tend to screw them too tight, as like in the example with the mentioned above.. with the large thick screw downs that people used to put old/vintage RC cards in, are very dangerous if you don't use a pennysleeve... because the moisture will be trapped between the glass or plastic & the card sticks to the holder...

not all pennysleeves are good, as there are some cheap versions.. they stick to the card after time... or because of the material/ink that is used on the cardboard, they will stick... example is the first year Finest Basketball.. I had some commons that were in penny sleeve that got stuck.. because the penny sleeves were a very cheap version.. I would use the word fake, because they are not as good as the ones used today... but it depends on manufacturer & hope they don't start counterfeiting pennysleeves, toploaders, ect...

The magnetic onetouch holders are very nice, especially the ones with the corners cut out, so you can actually see the card had 4 pointed corners.. but if you drop them.. watch out!! they open up.. they can sometimes slip & open up during shipping too... therefore I put a small piece of household tape at the top, to secure it shut.. I then fold the tape on the back, so there will be a tab, so I can remove it if needed.. all my toploaders & onetouch holders are then placed in teambags to prevent the holder from being scratched....

When using toploaders, they do not always protect your cards, especially jersey/patch cards... they can get damaged during shipping.... or even during storage in your cardboard show boxes or what ever you put them in.. I recently found a Trilogy Kobe jersey card, that has a very good BV, that had a crease.. I was going to put in on ebay, but since it has a crease it will be a hard sell... I was hoping to get half BV for it, but now, will probably only get $5, maybe... & hope the buyer reads the description, because any damaged and/or flawed cards I put on ebay, I list the defects...

http://bbcemporium.com/1986-fleer-michea...eit-guide/

below pics are not the same card in the OP.. it is only to help other identify a fake.. go to the link, to get full description on what the fake markings are.. If you can memories all these tips, then you will be able to spot a fake very quickly... but with today's technology, fakes are getting better & better.... they can even pass BGS/PSA grading... since they are only humans that are doing the grading... & humans sometimes make mistakes....

[Image: 1986-Fleer-Michael-Jordan-graphic.jpg]
[Image: 1986-Fleer-Michael-Jordan-back-graphic.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
86 fleer jordan real or fake? - by goldcoin2012 - 10-09-2012, 01:07 PM
RE: 86 fleer jordan real or fake? - by bengu - 10-09-2012, 02:44 PM
RE: 86 fleer jordan real or fake? - by quavis - 10-09-2012, 04:38 PM
RE: 86 fleer jordan real or fake? - by Vols-1 - 10-09-2012, 05:47 PM
RE: 86 fleer jordan real or fake? - by quavis - 10-10-2012, 03:04 PM
RE: 86 fleer jordan real or fake? - by bengu - 10-10-2012, 04:10 PM
RE: 86 fleer jordan real or fake? - by afff - 10-10-2012, 04:40 PM
RE: 86 fleer jordan real or fake? - by jpleazme805 - 10-11-2012, 06:46 PM