`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Two Simple Trading Rules To Avoid Scammers

RE: Two Simple Trading Rules To Avoid Scammers
(07-05-2012, 10:17 AM)arena_guy Wrote: Man, seeing a number of threads about trading scams since I have been using this site. There are a couple going right now. There seems to be a lot of decent people who get scammed quite a bit on this forum, even by other members of the Beckett community, and on other sites as well.

Most of my stuff is PC, but when I do make a trade, I always, always, always use the following rules:

(1) They must send there card(s) first. Non-negotiable. I know I'm good on my end, so if they know they're good on theirs, then there shouldn't be a problem with this rule. If they refuse this part, then let them eat cake and just don't trade with them.

(2) Delivery confirmation (where they have to sign for it). For every trade made. Whether they choose to add delivery confirmation on their end is up to them, but it's good to add it on your end so they can't claim they never received anything. The only time this might not work is if shipping internationally, say, from the United States to Canada. If I remember correctly, the guy at the US post office told me they can track a package to Customs, but after that, Canada doesn't use a similar tracking system as the US.

This certainly won't prevent other things such as condition of card(s) not as described, forgeries, etc., but at least you receive your stuff first.

- arena_guy

FYI. Im never trading with you.
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two Simple Trading Rules To Avoid Scammers - by capncush - 07-05-2012, 01:00 PM