`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT: Clear Grading Labels

OT: Clear Grading Labels
Is it time for BGS to add a new label for cards that just want to be slabbed?

I did a thread on this about a month ago on the grading boards. It's a pretty dead boards for the most part. Since this is my favorite boards and I know quite a few people here, I'd love to get some thoughts and input on this subject.

I used to be a heavy grader, but stopped when I started seeing a lot of inconsistencies in grades for items other than Chrome cards and autos. I love the BGS slabs, however, I don't care for the blue labels on authenticated cards just to be in the slab. When I see these for sale I usually pass because of the label. A lot of people do the same thing. Also 8.5's don't have the same appeal.

I have a number of low numbered cards (1's or #'d to 5) that I would love to have slabbed for protection. I personally, think it's time for BGS to add a new category for cards for unaltered cards that you want to get slabbed without that blue label. You are paying for it any way.

The blue label is a red flag that something is wrong with the card, otherwise there would be a numerical grade.

Most of my collection these days is in top loaders and magnetic holders for the higher end stuff. I'd feel safer with a slab......just no blue label.

Any thoughts out there on this? Would people who don't buy graded cards be more interested in a slabbed, authenticated card with great 'curb appeal' (sorry, house hunting right now)? Is a card in a slab with a clear BGS label visually more appealing?

Messages In This Thread
OT: Clear Grading Labels - by melcmd - 06-11-2012, 11:25 AM
RE: OT: Clear Grading Labels - by branesergen - 06-11-2012, 11:38 AM
RE: OT: Clear Grading Labels - by melcmd - 06-11-2012, 12:36 PM
RE: OT: Clear Grading Labels - by patsfan129 - 06-11-2012, 11:50 AM
RE: OT: Clear Grading Labels - by biglump007 - 06-11-2012, 12:54 PM
RE: OT: Clear Grading Labels - by melcmd - 06-11-2012, 02:36 PM
RE: OT: Clear Grading Labels - by jplarson - 06-11-2012, 04:35 PM
RE: OT: Clear Grading Labels - by melcmd - 06-11-2012, 06:37 PM
RE: OT: Clear Grading Labels - by slotman11 - 06-11-2012, 04:50 PM
RE: OT: Clear Grading Labels - by melcmd - 06-12-2012, 08:24 AM