`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you explain this? - Loading up like its 1990.

RE: Can you explain this? - Loading up like its 1990.
(02-03-2012, 06:15 PM)djohn Wrote: You are underestimating the potential value of the card, not to mention other ways people sell cards. If the buyer has a shop in the DC area or any other area that will have lots of Harper collectors he probably could resell the card for close to $10 each. Even if he only resold them for $5 each he will make 50% back on his investment. Now if the buyer only sold on eBay, there is still good potential for the card to get back to $5-$10 range next season when these cards aren't as readily available as they are now.
Would I personally make this purchase at that price, NO. Would I consider it a bad buy for a speculator, NO. Are there better cards to buy to speculate with, MAYBE. It really just depends on the location and intentions of the buyer. I think the lot would've been a lot more attractive if it had some of the silver or gold versions as well and not just all red.

I couldn't understand why in today's market why somebody would buy in such high quantities on an extremely common and easily obtainable card when there's better investment potential out there.

But, I see where you're coming from, makes sense.

After all I still have plenty of these:

[Image: DSC01602.jpg]

They make for great filler on my craigslist lots. $1 investment.

Thanks for your input djohn.
[Image: LT5.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can you explain this? - Loading up like its 1990. - by 4th_and_20 - 02-03-2012, 07:16 PM