Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WILD GOOSE CHASE>>>>>>>>>>
Sad 
WILD GOOSE CHASE>>>>>>>>>>
OK- as it states in my sig, I am looking to build a set of 1997-98 SPA SOTT Stars and Rookies autograph set.

This was a set that I just loved when it came out and as a kid I traded a Kobe Chrome RC to an LCS for a box of this SPA and cash. Confused I had hopes of pulling a nice auto since it was one of the first NBA licensed boxes that came with an auto in every box.

Well back then I got a Kerry Kittles SOTT autograph, needless to say I wasn't thrilled. Angry I still enjoyed the set design and just loved the die-cut autos. Now as I try to put this set together (here recently) I have noticed an issue with the Beckett's database checklist that I WAS using.

Here there are 12 cards in this set.....

http://www.beckett.com/search#set_id=314...lt_type=59

AND

Here there are 11 cards in this set.....

http://sports.upperdeck.com/collectorszo...baspa.html

It looks as though Beckett thinks that there is a Chris Mullin autograph in the set that I am trying to build. I have seen the Trade card and the regular SOTT. I have searched and searched many times for the Stars & Rookies version and it does not exist (not even in trade form).

Even when I have found the card listed elsewhere as the S&R version, it turns out to be the regular SOTT, not the S&R version.

Is there anyway to report this to Beckett so that they can correct it???

How can you gather sales history on a card that was never made and then set a price based on a sales history that doesn't exist? Dodgy Is there really a method to the maddness on the pricing that Beckett provides??? Huh

I am also curious to see if any of you have found any other cards listed in the Beckett database that do not exist.

Please post if you have had a similiar experience with the Beckett database.

MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Messages In This Thread
WILD GOOSE CHASE>>>>>>>>>> - by got watcha want - 09-06-2011, 04:09 PM
RE: WILD GOOSE CHASE>>>>>>>>>> - by bengu - 09-06-2011, 08:14 PM
RE: WILD GOOSE CHASE>>>>>>>>>> - by krayzie83 - 09-06-2011, 09:49 PM
RE: WILD GOOSE CHASE>>>>>>>>>> - by quavis - 09-07-2011, 11:17 AM
RE: WILD GOOSE CHASE>>>>>>>>>> - by quavis - 09-07-2011, 12:43 PM
RE: WILD GOOSE CHASE>>>>>>>>>> - by quavis - 09-07-2011, 01:43 PM
RE: WILD GOOSE CHASE>>>>>>>>>> - by kesscards - 09-08-2011, 08:46 AM