`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the official National Convention thread!

the official National Convention thread!
hey guys, I wanted to start a thread for conversation about the national. I am getting really excited for it and I wanted to hear, for those of you going, what your thoughts are for this years. And for those of you not attending, feel free to vent about it here as well.

Im curious to know,
-what will you guys be looking for this year card/auto/wax wise
-how many days you will be attending
-any other thoughts/comments you might have
-how many times have you attended the national in the past
i will start: I am going for my second year, the last time was when it was also in chicago. I will be looking for cheap bargain bin cards of the players I collect (samardzija, Nomar Garciaparra, Dan Haren, Starlin Castro) and picking up so more vintage Roger Maris cards for my PC. I also plan on doing a couple wrapper redemptions and look into buying a box of 2010 topps chrome. I also will consider standing in line for a auto of kerry wood and/or starlin castro, as they both will be there. But for the most part, I will be going through the cheap bargain bins for low end GU and base/inserts of my PC guys. If I do see a nice high end card I like I might try and haggle with the dealer to get it for a price I wont lose sleep over.

How about the rest of you?
[Image: Ppgoq.jpg]

Jeff Samardzija Supercollector!

Autos: 64
1/1s: 106
total unique cards: 958

Also collecting Nomar Garciaparra, Dan Haren, Manny Ramirez, Roger Maris and Kerry Wood

Messages In This Thread
the official National Convention thread! - by deja5 - 07-27-2011, 05:58 PM