IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
jaderock Wrote:
joeclifton Wrote:<br />
I am positive these where not 1/1's I have 3 24kt gold coins from this set of Jeff Blake and about 4 or 5 of the others. As a matter of fact the gold coins where plated over another metal and where searchable with a metal ditecter. I remember getting kicked out of wal mart as a kid for taking a metal detecter off the display in the garden section and waving over the card display.<br />
<br />
Ummm...in order of scarcity: there were brass (often mistaken as gold), nickel (mistaken as silver), gold plated (the one you're thinking of), brass Artist Proof (AP) #/500, Nickel AP (#/250), gold AP #/100, Solid Silver and SOLID GOLD aka 24KT Gold.<br />
<br />
Hope that clears up some of the confusion.<br />
<br />
You must've been busy at Wal Mart :LOL: ...the odds of said 24KT Gold coins were: <br />
[Image: odds.jpg]<br />
<br />
<br />
Jaderock, pardon me for correcting you but I think that you are describing the 1997 Pinnacle Mint Coin set and not the 1998 one. The 1998 set only had the brass, silver and the featured (and unaccounted for) 24KT Gold coin (shown above) versions (unless you know something else that I don't which is feasible). However I do believe you when you state that the 1998 Bledsoe and Marino 24 KT Gold coins, among the other 24 KT gold versions in the set, are 1/1s.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
BTW I am not excusing your pack searching behavior joeclifton, but I must admit that metal detector story is hilarious Smile.<br />
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Messages In This Thread
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by nittany13 - 02-16-2010, 12:23 AM