IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
[quote="nittany13The middle one looks legit (not that I am an expert). <br />
<br />
The one on the right if I had to guess, I stress this is only a guess, was signed by him at a card show or for a fan at training camp or whatever. <br />
<br />
The first one is really curious to me, not because that I am not doubting that it is an authentic signature but that it both has a sticker and it is hand numbered. Mine has neither. It is not even listed on the OPG. The only one listed in that set where it states that Collins signed is the one with McNair on the other side, and like your card that is also hand numbered to 600.<br />
<br />
Hmm....I wonder if Kerry Collins randomly signed both the Brady and McNair backed version cards till he reached 600. Either that or these specific cards were in a vault and were only released to the secondary market after the company went belly up...or it simply is a forgery (I doubt that last point though).[/quote]<br />
<br />
I agree the religious signing is probably a card show signing, it was signed 81, Brady either signed this early in his NFL career, (he switched to 88 in 1997) or he signs Penn State cards 81 which was his college number. <br />
<br />
I hope Beckett reads these comments and possible updates sets that are incomplete.<br />
<br />
The Brady / Collins autos I scanned were bought seperately on ebay with maybe a couple of years between. If the cards were bought after the company went belly up, they went flooding ebay when I had to outbid other bidders who wanted them.<br />
<br />
I am only interested in Brady due to his Jets connection, I have not looked for a Collins / McNair card. I wonder if the first 300 Collins cards signed are with Brady, if the numbering is 301-600 / 600 for the McNair, if you have both you will be able to check.<br />
<br />
I don't use the OPG, I have been buying the annual guides since 1996, old school, like books, I notice that Collins signed the most in this auto insert set, maybe he did sign 300 of each version. Ki Jana Carter is the 2nd highest with 400, maybe he did 200 on two different backs. Don't know the answer to that either.<br />
<br />
Now that Signature Rookies is long gone, it is only collectors who are probably doing research on these sets, most of the players never made it big in the NFL, it is the Terrell Davis, Curtis Martin, Kerry Collins, Warren Sapp names that people will recognize. Most collectors today probably don't even know of the existence of these sets.

Messages In This Thread
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by GINGE01 - 11-26-2009, 01:11 AM