IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
1995 Signature Rookies International Franchise Duo Autographs <br />
<br />
The card shown on the left of each picture is the front and back of the same card while the same applies to card on the right. <br />
<br />
The card on the left is one I purchased many years ago and this Kerry Collins auto version not listed, and it probably shouldn’t if my following premonition is correct. To be frank it probably was never issued in the first place since I do not see an authentication sticker on the opposite side and it is not hand numbered. It was either later signed in person at a show or something or it is a fake to begin with. If it is a fake the forger did a good job. I added this one in the interest of completeness.<br />
[Image: scan0020.jpg]<br />
[Image: scan0021.jpg]<br />
<br />
The Brady auto on the right is a very weird case. The OPG says that it was hand numbered to 242 but as you can see in this and the other added example it was instead numbered to 300. More importantly if you look closely in one of the lower corners of the original example you can see a “punch out” in the shape of a spade. I have never seen this before with this or any other set for that matter. Is this another rare autograph parallel in the set that I do not know about? This has been a mystery to me for many years since I purchased it, and being relatively new to collecting these at the time I did not think anything of it. If anybody by chance has another card from this set with this punch out please let me know in the hope that I can solve this conundrum.<br />
[Image: scan0021.jpg][Image: BekEwLQB2kKGrHqEOKjsEryMCPPHIBK9u-D.jpg]
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Messages In This Thread
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by nittany13 - 11-24-2009, 10:19 PM