`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
2022 Season - Will it be a Gem Mint Banger?

RE: 2022 Season - Will it be a Gem Mint Banger?
(12-15-2022, 04:21 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Panini gonna Panini

I have a hard time fathoming how Bowman U, Leaf Draft, Pro Set and Panini (other than a couple of random cards) completely missed the boat with this kid ... very productive 4-year player at a major program.

But noooooooo, instead let's fill our products with a bunch of NIL guys who will be working regular jobs this time next year.

I guess the only other possibility is that Brock chose not to sign with any of the other card companies, but I guess that would mean he doesn't like free money.

It restores some faith in me to see that the Thousand Dollar Brock Purdy autos are still on the site - apparently that is too much even for the Gem Fire Banger Bros.

It seems odd that he didn't sign with one of the other companies - I get that he wasn't supposed to be drafted (and barely was) but as you said, Iowa State is a fairly popular program in a big conference and he was a four year starter.  But it is possible that he is a player who had little interest in signing cards - apparently even within the Panini products he has very few autographs so it is possible that he didn't want to sign with Leaf and Sage since both Leaf and Sage appear to require players sign autograph deals - he might not have found the $5 per auto or whatever they'd pay worth it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2022 Season - Will it be a Gem Mint Banger? - by ZSDOne - 12-15-2022, 05:53 PM