`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
2022 Season - Will it be a Gem Mint Banger?

RE: 2022 Season - Will it be a Gem Mint Banger?
(12-05-2022, 02:09 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: That's what cracks me up about football ... the instantaneous and grandiose reactions ... people were saying on Bay Area radio this morning "maybe he could be the first rookie QB to ever win a Super Bowl" ...

But wait until he throws three picks and they lose his next start, people will be saying "maybe we should kick the tires on Baker Mayfield."

Never ceases to crack me up (nor I am denying I've done this before).

I remember when Eagles fans were sure that Detroit Lions cast off Travis Fulgham would be the best wide receiver in the NFL 

Purdy is a winner though - and while he played with talent at Iowa State (Breece Hall, Charlie Koler, Chase Allen (Bears Practice Squad, I believe), David Montgomery, Kene N., Hakeem Butler, and Xavier Hutchinson (just named one of three finalists for best wide receiver in college football and his third First Team All Big 12) were all there for at least part of his time at Iowa State, it wasn't like he was playing with an entire team of NFL talent - generally a high level NFL running back and maybe a receiver/tight end or two with NFL talent 

Also one other thing to note about Purdy - Alabama recruited him hard even though he was only a 3 Star - when Nick Saban makes a serious effort to bring in a three star recruit you know something is up

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2022 Season - Will it be a Gem Mint Banger? - by ZSDOne - 12-05-2022, 02:28 PM