`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walter Payton collection

RE: Walter Payton collection
rjcj2017 Wrote:Back in the early 2000s there was a LCS in my area that would let me trade singles for packs and/or boxes, a lot of times on the spot for stuff I just pulled.

Suffice it to say it got pretty crazy sometimes and it was easy to get caught up in the moment ... I can't tell you how many Topps Chrome LeBron James rookie cards I pulled and immediately traded (six, maybe?), for example.

One night they got this shipment of 2003 Signature Edition Football in, and I busted a few packs (I think it was one pack per box, maybe?).

I pulled a Walter Payton cut auto (the only cut auto I've ever pulled) and traded it a few minutes later, and have regretted it ever since.

I don't even remember what I traded it for.

I remember doing that back in the 90s at my LCS.  Traded away a a 1994-95 Topps Spectralight Grant Hill rookie for a bunch of packs of 1991 Action Packed Update football trying to pull an Emmitt Smith RC.  Why I didn't try to trade straight up for it I'll never know.....  I did manage to hang onto my 1994-95 Topps Embossed Golden Idols Michael Jordan.

savagenate Wrote:Very cool collections! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has multiple collections lol!

It's nice to have hobbies outside of my hobby Wink

Messages In This Thread
Walter Payton collection - by jplarson - 09-02-2020, 08:13 AM
RE: Walter Payton collection - by rjcj2017 - 09-02-2020, 10:07 AM
RE: Walter Payton collection - by savagenate - 09-02-2020, 10:46 AM
RE: Walter Payton collection - by jplarson - 09-02-2020, 12:06 PM
RE: Walter Payton collection - by rjcj2017 - 09-03-2020, 10:44 AM