`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats Your Guys Take on the Grading Company Drama?

RE: Whats Your Guys Take on the Grading Company Drama?
I read these threads with both interest and horror, to be honest I won't read any more as they have started to come back on themselves and still a bit too much speculation. However there has to be something there, and I feel more so on the trimming issue.

I have always graded cards that I like and want to keep in my PC, don't care for the grade, I just want them protected (UV in particular) as I frame and display them.

What I have found in the last few days in when I'm looking at cards on the Bay, I skim past every graded one, I now have no interest in buying any graded cards. I have bought a lot of raw cards from Probstein in the past and have had good results when grading them, but I just cannot bring myself to buy a graded card now.

I look at my own trade pile, for a while I was collecting 1 RC, GU and AU of every HOFer inducted from 2000, I got several of these graded for protection but have since stopped this and focus more on Astros. I am now trying to trade several of those cards and wonder where that will go in the future...

I've had 2 cards returned to me by BGS stating they were trimmed, 1 was a Frank Thomas RC that I traded for, the other was a George Springer RC I pulled myself, the latter had me pissed! PSA graded the latter along with a Springer AU Strata card BGS also returned as being too thick to slab!

I have used PSA only once, I got an Altuve auto graded a 6, I don't understand why as there was nothing obviously poor with the card. I don't like that PSA grade without giving you the breakdown of where the card was lacking, however I am now planning to break it open and send it to BGS as it is for my PC.

I'm intrigued to see where all this will go, if anywhere, I will keep protecting my PC cards but in the near future I doubt I will grade a card to trade hoping to increase it's BV, as I would doubt it would be worth it and many others will be as sceptical as myself.
Collecting Astros & Allen & Ginter with my daughter.

Looking for 2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Autograph Relic Red #CAARDK Dallas Keuchel (any of the 5 1/1 variations) to complete the mini rainbow!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whats Your Guys Take on the Grading Company Drama? - by bzross - 06-06-2019, 11:09 PM