`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you beaten the odds before? OR Curious coincidences when collecting sports cards

Have you beaten the odds before? OR Curious coincidences when collecting sports cards
This topic isn't about the 1/1 Jay Cutler 2007 Bowman Chrome that I pulled a few years back. (My first one of one, though technically my girlfriend pulled it.)

It isn't about that Jordan/LeBron/Kobe autograph you pulled from a single pack from Walmart.

It isn't even about that time you pulled two autographs from a repack box at Kmart. (Side note: Kmart has REALLY gone downhill in terms of stocking sports cards, huh?)

This topic is about the fact that 10 months ago (October 19th, 2017 to be exact) from some free 2017 Topps Series 2 packs (remember those coupons on 2017 Topps Chrome value packs at Target?) I pulled a Camo parallel of Mike Clevinger #688.

Fast forward to today when I got two jumbo packs of Series 2 (that I bought because I needed them for my 2017 Topps set album) in the mail and I pull a Gold parallel /2017 out of each one. One of them being Mike Clevinger #688.

Of the 350 possible series two cards, I pull a low numbered and high numbered card of the same guy? A little freaky, imo.

How about this...?

On 10/27/17 and 12/11/17 I pulled Gold parallels /2017 from series 1 Topps of Fernando Rodney from packs bought at the same store (a Walmart in Florida).

Then, on 3/9/18 I pulled another Gold parallel /2017 of Fernando Rodney from a pack purchased on eBay (the seller was in New York state, iirc).

A little strange, huh?

Another one that happened today:

I mentioned that I got two jumbo packs of 2017 Series 2 Topps in the mail today. I did not mention that I also got one jumbo pack of Stadium Club from last year, as well. I pulled a Hunter Dozier rookie in each pack. 0_o There are 300 cards in the 2017 Stadium Club set and 350 cards in the Series 2 Topps set, but somehow I got one Dozier rookie in each pack?! Bizarre.

So, have you ever had any odd coincidences like those happen to you? If so, please share your story/stories!
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Messages In This Thread
Have you beaten the odds before? OR Curious coincidences when collecting sports cards - by hempick - 08-18-2018, 02:25 PM