`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut Down Topps Baseball from 1955 and 1956

RE: Cut Down Topps Baseball from 1955 and 1956
(02-07-2017, 08:39 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Nah, I'm pretty sure most of today's cards will be valueless. Look at cards from 30 years ago. Worth less than what it would cost to preserve them. Of course there are always a few select exceptions. Future HOF players, local sports celebrities, etc.

Re: cut cards from the 50's ... they're still collectible. There's certainly people that need to complete sets and inexpensive 'place holders' of key players on expensive cards will sell. Not at all the same thing, but I sold a bunch of waterlogged key issues of comicbooks for a good amount of money. I was going to toss them thinking they're valueless, but a buddy said to put them on eBay with BINs and they sold in 5 minutes of going live. To a set collector, filling holes in the set is pure joy, even if its eventually going to be upgraded.

Yeah I agree most, and probably all of today's cards will be valueless. Either through over-production, or though future technology that will allow us to replicate anything.

I don't really care myself what happens, but I find it interesting that when people thought cards would always be valueless (in the '50s/'60s) was when they became valuable...and the opposite happened when people thought cards would be valuable (in the '80s-'10s) they became valuless.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cut Down Topps Baseball from 1955 and 1956 - by oneofakindcards - 02-07-2017, 10:14 PM