`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Determining Card Values ?? Your viewpoint

Determining Card Values ?? Your viewpoint
I just got back in the hobby after being away for several years. Since I got back I have noticed some changes - #1 Beckett seems to be used as a guide far less than it had - the old rule of thumb was a decent deal usually was when you paid around 50% of Beckett High value. At least that was the common theme at most card shows.

Then as ebay became the main source - it became more of a check the actual "realized" (not asking) prices under completed auctions. I assume that is what many on here utilized for "values".

I recently signed up for Beckett - total access Online Price Guide and Market Data Report for one month. I had a hard time getting over the sticker price (even with discount nearly $50), but I am going through a bunch of stuff in my parents basement and thought this would give me quick access to a base line for pricing it on ebay.

My early review - I have to say I am pretty disappointed. The Market Data report seems very weak - not a lot of data - at least not complete - and by no means "real time" as the phone rep said it was- they do give you some insight on the really low serial #'d items. I don't think I would use this again. The online price guide has a lot of the flaws it used to have. The prices seem pretty arbitrary - don't match ebay completed.

Questions:

1. Maybe I am not getting the most out of the Beckett tools. any suggestions and do you yourself use them much?

2. Do you think that Beckett may favor certain companies products, and therefore give them better pricing in their guides?

3. One mega dealer on ebay told me he flat out doesn't even look at the Beckett pricing anymore and just relies on either best offers or ebay completed. What is your feeling overall on Beckett pricing guides and the market data report?

Thanks for your input.

3. What do you use to price

Messages In This Thread
Determining Card Values ?? Your viewpoint - by hemipowered - 01-21-2016, 07:05 PM