`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Best Scanner Under $200 for BC Refractors

RE: Best Scanner Under $200 for BC Refractors
(10-07-2015, 05:50 PM)djohn Wrote: If you want to show the refractor prismatic effects you will need to use a camera instead of a scanner. You can then use lighting to get the right angle for the picture to show the prismatic effect best. A camera phone works great, or you can buy an inexpensive point and shoot camera with auto-focus (around $100 or less these days). I used to scan all my cards, but now I just use the phone on my camera and the pictures turn out great. The only thing I use the scanner for is if I want to embed a super-large high-resolution picture to show corner wear or condition issues that don't always show up well in a picture (typically I only do that for vintage cards).

Thank you. Very helpful advice. I may just use my iphone 6+ for all of my photos and ditch the scanner idea. The scanning is also much slower than a camera. Also, the epson V39 would not power on. It is USB powered machine and I tried it on 10 USB ports and 3 computers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Scanner Under $200 for BC Refractors - by cbfutures - 10-12-2015, 09:24 AM