`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I the a-hole here? Ebay related.

RE: Am I the a-hole here? Ebay related.
If the seller has a price point stated... even an unrealistic one then I think it is on the buyer to put out the next number. That could be close to the BIN number or it could be 10% of that number, but an opened question invites a less enthusiastic response.

I liked the approach of "I'm willing to pay $$$ for this card, will this get the deal done" much better than "what is the lowest you will go?"

Like I posted earlier if the card is that out of line with the market he is just fishing for a whale, or testing the market to get an idea of what people will pay. I don't think either party is out of line, just think if you put out the number you were comfortable with, he would respond with a yes or no and you can both move on from there.

He may be hoping for a super collector who wants that card to complete a rainbow or to collect all of the run and the card has more value in those terms than in cardboard value.

I have a dealer friend who does the same thing with every listing very high buy it now listing to get offers or snag a whale every once in a while, it works for him. Not my style but it works for him.

Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I the a-hole here? Ebay related. - by tdog4468 - 08-13-2015, 04:56 AM