`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I the a-hole here? Ebay related.

RE: Am I the a-hole here? Ebay related.
I really do appreciate all the response. I haven't really dealt with ebay too much or for too long. In my short time there I have dealt with such a wide range of personalities and egos it's hard to know proper etiquette. I've put in best offers that I thought were extremely fair and had the sellers get insulted. One of which told me that my offer was in fact insulting because it was 1/2 what they were asking. I never messaged back but I wanted to say that just because you set an extremely unrealistic bin price doesn't make it market value. I put in another offer on a high end Trout that was pretty close to the bin. I was $200 lower than the $2500 asking price and the seller got angry stating "the listing says serious bidders only pal"! I told him I thought my offer was fair but how much were you looking for? $2500 he replied. I asked why did he have the best offer option available if he would only take his bin price? He said he changed his mind and deserved the $2500. How was I suppose to know that? I've had some sellers just deny my offer flat out. When I contacted them to say I hope I didn't offend you and that I thought they would counter (I thought that's how that game was played), they apologize and usually get the card for REAL close to my initial offer. Anyway, all comments and criticisms are welcome and Bryan, all of your comments are welcome on my threads. The longer the better.
(08-12-2015, 06:21 PM)djohn Wrote: Maybe it's just me, but I find it more offensive to be asked what my bottom line is than to get a lowball offer.
As for your specific instance, it looks like the seller is asking 4x what the last one sold for; though the last one wasn't graded. The seller also seems to think that a BGS9 is some amazingly high grade for a modern card, and thinks it would cross to a PSA10, even though there is only one 9.5 subgrade. Personally I wouldn't pay much of a premium for a BGS9 versus a raw card from a few years ago, unless there were known condition issues with the set. If I was interested in the card I would simply send a best offer of $400-$500 and see what they counter back with. Hopefully they counter and don't just turn down the offer, as that would piss me off, especially after their message.

This is what I was referring to by not wanting to insult them with an offer. Either they are throwing a huge number out there to see if they can get someone to bite or they're delusional. If they come back with a number that's still from another galaxy I won't put in an offer that would unknowingly be insulting to them. A BGS 9 doesn't do anything for the price. The rarity of the card is what's appealing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I the a-hole here? Ebay related. - by Hofcollector - 08-12-2015, 07:02 PM