`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
A new find for my Jets collection, I hope Dan Hitt at Beckett is still reading this thread and will update the OPG, annual guide etc.

2007 Score 167B Thomas Jones (from Blister factory pack, non glossy)

I found this card on ebay a month ago, the seller could not add any details, I have never seen in before, now it's going to be ultra hard to find. I believe it was in an early season blister set, the seller had one or two other 2007 Score Jets cards with the regular photos that he was selling individually. A BIN for less than $3, happy days.

Thomas Jones was traded to the New York Jets in March 2007.
The scan below has the three cards,
1) Score 167, now should be 167A.
I used a scorecard parallel instead of the base card, it has Jones in a Bears uniform (2006 picture), it mentions his trade, it is from a pack.

2) Score 167B Thomas Jones, the new mystery card.
It looks like a real photo (2007 preseason?), it does not look photo shopped. I believe it's from a blister team set, with the updated photo of Thomas Jones included.

3) Score 167 Factory Set Updates Thomas Jones.
Score released a factory set at the end of 2007 with many updates (98), the Jets had an updated Thomas Jones (preseason against the Falcons, several currently on ebay), an updated #315 David Harris and #360 Chansi Stuckey (both in preseason unis). #411 Darrelle Revis (in preseason uni) was also created, he was not in the Score packs. In 2007 Select, (an expanded version of Score in packs), Revis #411 appears, in a minicamp uniform. I think this was an attempt to get collectors to collect both Score and Select by expanding the set and putting top rookie players in it.
[Image: Jets%202007%20Score%20167%20Thomas%20Jones.jpg]

An example of the 2008 Donruss / Score blister, I cannot find a 2007 example, if anyone can get their hands on it, I will take two for my collection.
[Image: 2008Scoreminiteamsetpackage.jpg]

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by ginge01 - 08-01-2015, 06:49 PM