`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
PC additions - June additions at #292

RE: Standing mail day - January 26 edition
(01-27-2015, 08:44 AM)petillo64 Wrote: Your boy berrios seems legit. I have a few kohl stewart and Meyers stashed away as well. If even half of your talent pans out, you guys will be good

Yeah, they've done a good job of accumulating talent. I'm guessing they'll have six of the Top-100 consensus prospects this year - Buxton, Sano, Berrios, Stewart, Gordon and Meyer (possibly in that order).

Then there's also Trevor May (likely 5th starter), Jorge Polano (jumped from High A to MLB for a cup of coffee mid-season), Lewis Thorpe and Eddie Rosario, who all could make a legitimate claim to belong on that list as well.

The place where they might be the strongest in terms of prospects though is bullpen. They've done a really good job of drafting power arms that should move quick.

There's talk that Nick Burdi could be up by mid-season - I watched him pitch in the College World Series and he is filthy. Jake Reed and Zach Jones were dominant in two regular season stops and Arizona Fall League; and Mason Melotakis came back from TJ surgery stronger than ever from the left hand side. Throw in some young guys that probably won't stick as starters and you've got some good stuff there.

Heck, the two guys I'm most excited about rank as their 13th (Stephen Gonsalves) and 20th (Max Kepler) best prospects.

They had a nice "first wave" (as the marketing department called them) come through last year with Arcia, Vargas and Santana. But there could be several more coming through.

Like you said, if even half of them pan out - or can be moved for veteran pieces - the future is pretty bright.

It's taken a long time, but I'm starting to see light at the end of the losing tunnel.
Kepler

Messages In This Thread
RE: Standing mail day - January 26 edition - by jaredhuizenga - 01-27-2015, 09:57 AM
RE: Standing mail day - Feb. 2 update - by 908 - 02-02-2015, 11:40 PM
RE: PC additions Jan. 11-16 - by Hofcollector - 01-16-2016, 10:54 PM
RE: PC additions Jan. 11-16 - by jaredhuizenga - 01-16-2016, 11:08 PM
RE: PC additions Jan. 11-16 - by jaredhuizenga - 01-19-2016, 08:26 PM
RE: PC additions - Jan. 30 Update - by camco2 - 02-04-2016, 08:46 AM