`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twinsfest this coming weekend! Anybody from the MN area attending?

RE: Twinsfest this coming weekend! Anybody from the MN area attending?
Well....another TwinsFest for me is in the books. Was a good time as always although I will say I miss having it at the Metrodome for it was easier to get around to the autograph stations and the card show was much larger. However, onto the haul...

Joe Mauer Signed authentic jersey - he signed the back his road grey jersey at top of his #7 in silver sharpie...didn't think I had much of a chance as the lines waiting to get in were fairly long. I got in line around 3:15 (doors opened at 4:00) and by the time I got in his line I was #436 (they gave out tickets when you got in line to prevent people cutting in). Made it through the line fairly quickly because as Mauer was signing your item they took your item for Kent Hrbek and by the time Mauer was done, Hrbek was also. I have to give kudos to the Twins for getting as many people as possible through.

That was my #1 goal. Get the jersey signed and I would be happy. I was prepared for going through as many lines as possible with OMLB.

Other OMLB signed...(disclaimer: My #1 Twins focus is to get as many single-signed baseballs by former/current Twins players/coaches/GM's. The count before TwinsFest was around 175.)

Nick Gordon (SS - 2014 1st Round Pick)
Ervin Santana (SP) - Awesome signer. Very cordial and a nice signature.
Jordan Schafer (OF)
Paul Molitor (Manager)
Miguel Sano (3B) - (Twins Top Prospect)
Kurt Suzuki ©
Eduardo Escobar (Utility)
Tommy Millone (SP)
Glen Perkins (CP)
Eddie Rosario (Twins Top Prospect)
Gene Glynn (3B Coach)
Butch Davis (1B Coach)
Tim Stauffer (RP)
Eric Fryer ©
Kennys Vargas (1B)
JT Bruett (former OF)
Kohl Stewart (Twins P Prospect)
Kyle Gibson (SP)

The card/memorabilia show was pretty good. Lots of nice vintage cards from all years. It was interesting to see that there as a guy that paid several hundred dollars for a table to sit there and advertise that he buys old ticket stubs. From what I gather he is a HUGE Carlton Fisk fan and is trying to acquire a ticket stub from every game Fisk played in. I guess you have to put the word out somehow, but.... A friend of mine and I found a table that had a TON of vintage cards that were all priced very reasonable and I picked up a 1967 Ernie Banks (RIP, Mr. Cub) and my friend picked up two nice 1948 Bowman basketball cards.

**With Torii Hunter re-signing with the Twins, the lines for him were OUTRAGEOUS! Everyone I talked to that got his autograph said it was like he never left the organization. Welcome Back Torii!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Twinsfest this coming weekend! Anybody from the MN area attending? - by madamson - 01-25-2015, 09:32 AM