`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(09-09-2014, 09:48 AM)mbostick Wrote: I plan on adding more to this thread, but just haven't had the time to dig through the Young collection.

Here is one of interest perhaps....

1999 Collectors Edge Triumph #KK50 Steve Young 0216/1000, Sample and Preview. The online catalog only shows the normal insert (/1000), and neither Promo. The Preview version I have seen a few sellers have. The sample version I bought a small lot of from that Colorado guy that bought up a a lot of stuff from the bankruptcy sale, so it is possible the sample version was never publicly released.

[Image: 2000-CE-Tri-KK50-SY-001a_zps6f54b36d.jpg]
[Image: 2000-CE-Tri-KK50-SY-001b_zpsca19d698.jpg]

If the Young/Marino collector who has posted previously would like one of the sample cards, just let me know and I will send one your way, I have 6-7 of them.

I hope Beckett is still monitoring this thread and updating the OPG and my preference the book Smile

How many of this 'SAMPLE' set has been listed, apart from Steve Young scanned and a reference to a Dan Marino one. Here's an additional one. THe foil SAMPLE is gold, it appears here to be silver, the panel on the back is left blank.

[Image: 1999EdgeTestaverde.jpg]

The set 1999 Collector's Edge Triumph K-Klub Y3K was a 50 card insert set, made up of running backs, wide receivers and quarterbacks, all with a prefix KK.

The Jets had 3 players in the insert set, 1999 was the year after they lost to Denver in the AFC Championship game. I have the promo with 'Preview' stamped on the back of the card for
KK16 Keyshawn Johnson
KK18 Curtis Martin
KK49 Vinny Testaverde.

I think Peter (Jaderock) has additional Testaverde SAMPLE cards, Peter do you have the Brunell KK34 from the set? I think I got my Testaverde about 5 years ago, it was definitely off ebay, don't know if it was the Colorado guy, I remember about 15 years ago there was a seller, I think elwaydavis or something like it was his name who had a ton of Edge stuff, sold the 1995 Edge #ed to 500 22K gold cards as a pair, diecut and non diecut on ebay, as well as Black Label 22K Gold and the and Nitro 22K. I completed all the Jets variations (9 different cards) with help from him, there was no way you could find them all from opening packs and no internet to complete.

So Beckett, please add the SAMPLE set, you have
KK45 Dan Marino
KK49 Vinny Testaverde
KK50 Steve Young

Were all 50 made, or maybe only the QB's it's a surprise that 3 of the last 6 in the set are known but no others

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by ginge01 - 09-10-2014, 10:29 PM