`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
Sorry, I do not have any unredeemed redemptions. I mailed in all of mine in when the program was active.

Scoreboard did not issue a complete checklist of these when they were released, so nobody knew what all players where included. I never saw an Aikman redemption, but I imagine they did exist. From the list of players you provided, the only ones I that I can recall now that are missing, are Emmitt Smith, my brother redeemed an Emmitt football redemption, but never got it, and Tony Banks, which we pulled a bunch of. Several other 1996 rookies (like Banks and Phillips) also signed, but I can't recall which ones. They were one in every box (or 1 in 24 packs as noted).

I was also just thinking, there was a 1996/97 Score Board Autographed Collection also. So some of the redemptions I remember, may be from that set, but I know 90% of what I had did come from the Memorabilia boxes, as the redemption card placement in that box was common knowledge (it was in the same place in every box). Score Board had all the top 10 drafted basketball rcs on contract also, and I ended up with mostly signed mini basketballs from the 1996/97 Score Board Autographed Collection packs. (I had at least 5-6 signed Joe Smith mini basketballs, who seemed the most common).

When the company went under the court seized all their assets. One lawyer working for no cost, cant recall his name, led the fight so people like me could get what we promised. I was hoping since I was owed so much, all the items owned to me were the bigger dollar items, I would at least get a percentage, but it didn't happen. We never got anything. The judge even seemed to feel bad handing down the ruling, but noted while many collectors were getting screwed...everyone was getting screwed. I lost 4-5 grand that day, which was a decent hit on me at the time, in my low 20s. That was like half of year of wages for me.

Many collectors see the Score Board items and see red flags, partly due to how easy the coa can be reproduced. This was never a problem, for me at least, as I knew what the items signed looked like, what the players sig looked like, and what era of Score Board coa it should have. As long as you research or know these things, you can be pretty sure the item is real.

Sorry that I can not be of more help, and for straying a little off subject. I guess I am still a little bitter over the loss I took.
Besides QVC, the Memorabilia packs, and the Autographed Collection packs, Score Board also sold some of their autos though the comic book distributors. Sears and Walmart sold autos around 1996 and I think those had Score Board COA's also. It would not surprise me if they had other venues also, but those are the ones I remember. This would be the problem I imagine for Beckett to say, the Collins came from 1996 Memorabilia packs. I am sure they did come from those packs, but they may have been released in other ways also.

I still have a few items from those redeemed items. A Ronnie Lott plaque, a Steve Young plaque, a Jose Canseco plaque, and a Nolan Ryan baseball. My Lott plaque, I am pretty sure is numbered, as many of them were.....which may suggest they should be Becket listed, but how exactly one would list them, is nomenclature I have little answer for.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by mbostick - 07-17-2014, 10:53 PM