`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(07-15-2014, 09:14 PM)mbostick Wrote: Every Scoreboard item you showed, except the last, were 1996 Score Board Memorabilia redemptions. They likely made a plaque or two also, which I could help you identify if you have any candidates. (They used the same, 3-4 different, woods and fonts on all the plaques.)

I sent in over 100 of those things.....ended up getting screwed on a dozen or so items.

Interesting or not, they had a $5 redemption fee, which they could not charge in all states, due to local laws. Because of this, I sent all of mine to a friend in Florida to redeem. But part of this was due to the fact you never knew when or if they would cash your check...meaning your item was coming. Hard to manage a checking book number and have 100 $5 checks out that might never be cashed or cashed at any moment.

This is a legitimate card. There are a total of six different rc autos, I can't remember all of the others, but Leeland McElroy (msp?) the Cardinals RC, was also one of the six. I had both the Banks and the McElroy.

I am 99% sure, they were a factory set bonus, one per a set.

Thanks for your comments to my posts I made a while ago. I would like to respond to both.

1. Autographed footballs
This information helps me out a lot because I did not begin to collect football cards until 1999. I always wondered where all these Score Board autographed items originated from, QVC or a redemption program? If what you are stating is correct then it is the latter which makes sense. Also, you are stating these were redemptions from the 1996 Score Board Memorabilia set. That would make sense as well. I do not know offhand of any other Pro Line/Classic/Score Board sets that had pack inserted redemption card memorabilia.

In that case then all the autographed memorabilia which falls in to this category should definitely be OPG listed just like all the 1998 SP Autographed Memorabilia items. This would not be a precedent.

2. Tony Banks auto card
You set me straight on this one. In hindsight I am not sure why I later retracted my original post. After looking closely you can even see where it reads "Collector's Edition" on the lower part of the card. Also, if you type in "1996 Leaf Collector's Edition Autographs" and subsequently click the set listing the description states that only 9 of the 14 autographed cards that Leaf was planning to release are known to exist. The Tony Banks is not one of the 9 listed, hence it is missing from the database.

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by nittany13 - 07-16-2014, 09:56 PM