`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADERS BEWARE!!

RE: TRADERS BEWARE!!
Time to bring the hammer down on this one, huh?

First off, Eddie, you should have let myself or another Mod know about the situation before posting it to the Boards. I don't want to seem like I am attacking you, so I hope that this is not received in such a manner. Situations like this take some tact to resolve, and that is why we are here. We would rather see all members be given the fair shake, so we do request that we are brought into the mix before a call to the public is sought.

PacificFreak... a word to the new. You are not an established member here and do need to learn how the system-on any trading site- works. You agreed to a trade and you have to live with it. I myself have been in such a situation where I have traded for a card that I already possess without such a realization, but I do what is right and eat my mistake. You are the one responsible for your own collection here, as nobody else can see what you have, save for what you insert into your Organize. Even so, no other member is responsible for checking your cards to let you know that you already possess a card that you are trading for. To ask such a thing of another member would be asinine.

I think that Eddie (katykeed) did you a magnificent favor in offering to send you substitute card(s) for the ones that were complained about, as he had no real reason to do so. He also did you a huge favor, and himself a dissatisfaction, in not requiring you to send first. It is basically an unwritten rule here within the Beckett Community that any member with less than 20 positive feedback be on the hook to send first. Should a newer member refuse to do so, then the more experienced member has the right to nix the trade and notify the Mods of the dealing. Seeing as you have less than 20 positive feedback you are absolutely on the hook to send first... an no argument will save you from this.

The bottom line is this: you agree to a deal, you stand by it. You have already accepted the terms and there is no way that you can justify scrutinizing the other trader for your mistake. If there should come a discrepancy a Moderator should be contacted first... even before feedback is left. This way all rules of the game can be brought to light for all parties involved and (hopefully) all disdain can be avoided.

I do hope that this clears some things up for those on the fence, and for those with any wuestions in regards to this situation. Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi

Messages In This Thread
TRADERS BEWARE!! - by katykeed - 07-11-2014, 03:44 PM
RE: TRADERS BEWARE!! - by pacificfreak - 07-11-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: TRADERS BEWARE!! - by markshew - 07-11-2014, 04:47 PM
RE: TRADERS BEWARE!! - by E. W. Warrens - 07-11-2014, 04:58 PM
RE: TRADERS BEWARE!! - by Maverick06 - 07-11-2014, 05:47 PM
RE: TRADERS BEWARE!! - by madmack29 - 07-11-2014, 06:29 PM
RE: TRADERS BEWARE!! - by cards2trade - 07-11-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: TRADERS BEWARE!! - by rayeates - 07-11-2014, 10:05 PM
RE: TRADERS BEWARE!! - by dan_dou_lea - 07-12-2014, 12:37 AM
RE: TRADERS BEWARE!! - by pacificfreak - 07-12-2014, 05:41 AM