`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
no more pre 2001 pricing in baseball Beckett

RE: no more pre 2001 pricing in baseball Beckett
(05-29-2014, 08:43 PM)chrisolds Wrote: The pricing from 1948-2000 will return for the next issue. We're continuing to make adjustments to the offerings in the magazine during this, as said in the issue, experimental period.

Those of you who have seen the issue will hopefully have read the reasoning for the move on Page 2 of the magazine. There also are twice as many color pages, 19 more pages for more stories and more photos. In addition, the change is to help ensure that price guide fonts can be slightly larger and more readable while also maintaining a $9.99 price.

In issue No. 101 -- and all upcoming magazines -- we will be upgrading to better, brighter (white) paper in addition to the changes already made.

All of this is an effort to satisfy different groups of collectors with different wants. Many have told us they want more to read -- i.e. more of a magazine -- meanwhile some things simply do not change in price regularly.

Between magazines, annual books and online offerings, we're trying to cater to everyone while also trying to expand the things that we feel will entice more people to pick up the magazine in different locations.

Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: no more pre 2001 pricing in baseball Beckett - by chrisolds - 06-04-2014, 11:42 AM