`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ORG getting deleted if you don't pay

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay
(05-27-2014, 07:44 AM)glassnickels Wrote: I buy OPG yearly and am not up for renewal until August so I did not get the email. I completely understand why they are doing it, but the tone and the super short notice did not help them gain a lot of support. We all complain about how slow org can be and how messed up it can get. Freeing up large collections from the database will likely go a long way to solving some of these issues. If I were them, I would have removed collections that have been dormant for 1 year+ first before jumping to this to try to free space. I wouldn't expect them to archive collections like this. Archive space isn't free, nor is the time it takes to do so. As a former database monkey, I kind of get what they are going for here, but execution on the customer notification front certainly left a lot to be desired.

In the end, I will likely stay put, though I guess I have a couple months to see how many people are lost from trading due to this. I have my collection in my own database so it only affects me as far as trading, but having an online copy of my database is kind of nice when I am on the road.

+1 all around.
My OPG expires in September so I have a couple months to decide too.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Messages In This Thread
ORG getting deleted if you don't pay - by djohn - 05-21-2014, 09:56 AM
RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay - by zeprock - 05-27-2014, 10:22 AM