`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ORG getting deleted if you don't pay

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay
Just cancelled my auto renewal. It kills me to do so with all the work I've put in over the years. The site requires feedback now for cancelling, here is what I wrote.

"After buying Beckett & Eckes Sports Americana beginning in 1980, being a paying magazine subscriber from 1986 until 2002 and paying for the OPG the last dozen years I can not express my displeasure enough. I will spend the next 6 months making my own checklists again from my current collections and do my trading on other sites. Your trading tool (when it worked!) was by far the best one out there. I made over 500 trades (no sales - I am a collector not an investor) here and end enjoyed it.
From the time the company has changed hands it had driven the hobbyists out and is gravely in danger of eating itself alive. I can only imagine what Dr Beckett would think of what his company has become. Yes he was running a business but understood the hobby as well. I do NOT like the way you have dealt with COMC , with Beckett.com over the last several years, and with collectors who are not currently subscribing to OPG or ORG right now. I have invested countless hours inputting my collection and it pains me to have to vote with my wallet and walk away from all my work after so long, but this is my last option. Thanks for 30 mostly good years,
Scott Robinson"

I'm sure it does not make any difference, but in the last year I have really been discouraged by Beckett. I don't need the OPG to get an accurate gauge of prices, there are plenty of sources to get a ballpark figure and in the end a card is only worth what someone is willing to pay. I'm sure I'll see most of you on other sites in the future.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

Messages In This Thread
ORG getting deleted if you don't pay - by djohn - 05-21-2014, 09:56 AM
RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay - by scottzoe - 05-23-2014, 09:43 AM