`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Has anyone else received an email from Beckett

RE: Has anyone else received an email from Beckett
(05-23-2014, 07:51 AM)bojesphob Wrote: Well, to be completely honest, if you're going to move say 10,000 paid people's orgs into the new stuff, you've already got the scripts to do it and while it will take a little more time to do the extra 20,000 people who have free orgs, it really shouldn't take any more actual work... just server processing time. It's probably MORE work to go through and delete unpaid people's orgs than it is to just convert them all at the same time (from my own professional dba opinion). Even if the number of people are higher than that, it would still be more efficient to do them all at the same time. This sounds to me more like a business decision to try to force more people into paying for the Org than an actual IT decision.

From a data standpoint wouldnt the extra 20,000 unpaid orgs cause an unneeded drain on the processing time?

If you have a data sheet (excel for personal use) for all the cards you own and if you traded or sold cards but left them on the spreadsheet (because you MIGHT get them back eventually) - after awhile wouldnt the additional cards create a drain on load times when opening your spreadsheet?

It seems to me that excessive entries in the "free" orgs are causing unneeded problems on the overall performance for the paying members and they are giving the non paying members an opportunity to lock in the price before the increase.

Many of the complaints that I am seeing are "I pay for this why isnt it fixed?" where I'm sure having an additional 100,000 cards loaded into peoples orgs who arent even active are causing problems for those that actually do pay. I have paid for an OPG subscription for 6 years now and even if I dont use it for a month I still pay for it. You dont cancel your electricity because you go on vacation - it would cost you even more to reinstate it - so why think people can take a "break" and still have something they dont pay for stay as it was the day you left? If you take a break from the hobby then pay the $20 for a year to keep your items intact or lose them all.

I cant think of ANY business that will let you keep your stuff for free if you leave for an extended period of time - so why should Beckett?
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has anyone else received an email from Beckett - by branesergen - 05-23-2014, 08:19 AM