`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
How close did you come to playing MLB?

RE: How close did you come to playing MLB?
(02-19-2014, 03:31 AM)mffpatrick Wrote: Last May we played in a softball tourney for the Ripken foundation. Each team was given a "coach" that was a former Oriole or established major leaguer. Our "coach" was BJ Surhoff.....that dude is HUGE. Monstrous forearms and shoulders. Spent a little time with Billy Ripken, hilarious guy. Best part of tourney was the championship trophy....each player on our team received an autographed ball of Billy and Cal Ripken. Fricken cool!

That's just about the coolest trophy EVER!

The tournament that I played against Quick Mick was for the Dan Marino Foundation ... A signed Mickey Rivers baseball or Dan Marino Football would have been a nice gesture. Instead we got a signed thank you letter from Famed Dolphins placekicker Garo Yepremian.
You did much better, considering I have no idea where that letter is today ... Landfill, decomposing? Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How close did you come to playing MLB? - by DrMitchJ - 02-19-2014, 07:42 AM