`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Topps Update 2 blasters & 2 hangers

RE: 2013 Topps Update 2 blasters & 2 hangers
(10-15-2013, 06:30 PM)rentzington Wrote: Great now I'm thinking of buying a box! Retail on this wont be as good since like you said, no autos

Hangers do have a "snowballs' chance" of autos. Smile ... The odds are crappy. ..
But if you think about it, what's better? ... Look at the Griffey MVP card in my picture and then imagine a Brett Jackson sticker auto? Now, Wouldn't that patch card be preferable? Smile

(10-15-2013, 05:30 PM)kelbysdaddy Wrote: I haven't seen much for a checklist so u don't know what would be in there but did you pull any brewers rookies?

Okay, so your boys are well represented by Jim Henderson US161 and Jeff Bianchi US183. Those are the only 2 Brewers that I had from a stack of 26 Rookies. Not much duplication, either. Maybe Topps fixed the collation problems?
Here's a picture for you ... Enjoy!
[Image: null_zps458a473d.jpg]
(10-15-2013, 10:58 PM)aprirr Wrote: Nice looking cards, Doc. Congrats!

Thanks! Check the photo above for some Brew Crew Rookies!

(10-15-2013, 08:27 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: DrM, Congrats on a pretty solid pre-box break. I like the patches also, for 2014 gonna try and do the set as a side project.
I myself wish they would have finished the year with the 1972 mini's (1972 is my favorite set). Haven't seen enough but am really hopeing that the "different pictures" is for real......rainbow chaseing is fun but 35 cards with the same picture....sheesh

Thanks, Joe! I agree with you and your thoughts about the 1972 cards! Wish they continued the 72 mini theme and yep, one of my favorite sets, too!
Wow! You're going to start the Patch Collection!?!?! Way cool! Next thing you know, you'll be hunting down autos Smile that's how it all starts, my friend! It's a slippery slope you walking on Smile
But seriously, that opens up some more trading opportunities with you! Very cool! Looking forward to (hopefully) sending you your first Mike Schmidt, Ryan Howard or Steve Carlton patch card!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2013 Topps Update 2 blasters & 2 hangers - by DrMitchJ - 10-16-2013, 12:11 AM