`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box...

RE: Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box...
Phenomenal card!

I may be in the minority here, but are you sure you want to send it away to be slabbed or graded or whatever?

It's a 1/1 ... so whether it's graded an 8 or a 10 ... it's the only one.

I would NEVER let that card leave my sight ... the only thing I would consider would be a safe deposit box in a vault somewhere.

There are just too many things that could go wrong there.

Think about who you would be entrusting this with.

The cost alone to insure something for, say, $20,000 with USPS would be pretty significant.

Not to mention the looks and stares of the staff and anybody else in line who overhears your transaction ... you would get asked a million questions about what's inside by the staff, and that's bound to peek the curiosity of anybody that works in the building.

Seriously, once it's out of your hands and out of your sight ... it's out of your hands and out of your sight.

In no way am I trying to be a buzzkill or anything like that, but if you're worried about slabbing only for protection, it would almost be worth it to make arrangements at the Beckett facility to bring the card there yourself.

Olds or somebody could even make it a cool video for the website.

This is from ehow.com ...

"For items over $600, you must pay a base insurance price of $7.70 plus an additional $1.00 per every $100 the item is worth. For example, if you were shipping a laptop valued at $400, you would pay $5.70 for insurance. If you were shipping a laptop valued at $700, you would pay $7.70 plus an extra $1.00 for a total of $8.70 for insurance for your item. You can use your calculator to do the math if needed."

OK, so let's say you declare it at $20,000, that would be $207.70 in insurance.

Might be worth it just to buy a plane ticket and fly it there yourself.

Anyway, again, congrats on the card ... I just know as a fellow collector that I would be devastated if anything ever happened to it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box... - by rjcj2017 - 08-30-2013, 06:42 PM