`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box...

RE: Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box...
(08-29-2013, 04:40 PM)KSUmarlow04 Wrote: Agreed!!! I am struggling with how to keep it safe right now until I have it slabbed. I inspected the surface, and although there are no major issues there is a tiny imperfection on the right side of the bat. Not sure if this will severely affect the grade or not.
Thanks!
I actually reached out to the VP of Sports and Entertainment division and expressed my frustrations with customer service. I wasn't trying to rush the card by any means, but they were unable to give me ANY information. From the time I e-mailed him to the time I got the card, 2 weeks!! Maybe I was being impatient, but I got my card!
Thanks!
1) keep it safe for now with an Ultra Pro one touch magnetic holder, there's a range of sizes depending on the card's thickness. Probably thicker than the 55mm or 75mm, probably need a 130mm or 180mm holder. Should cost around $2.
Two bucks to protect a $20,000 card? No-brainer. Smile When sending it to get slabbed, put rubber bands to keep the magnetic cover tight through shipping, bubble wrap and insure, insure, insure.... But I agree with whoever mentioned a 'live' Beckett grading event. There's plenty of them.

The relic imperfection shouldn't affect the card grade. They'll grade the card for surface, centering, corners, edges. They'll also grade the auto, but never saw any mention of a relic detracting from a card's grade. ... As long as the bat relic isn't infested with termitesSmile

2) if you could PM me the VP of Sports & Enttsinment's email, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box... - by DrMitchJ - 08-30-2013, 05:47 AM