`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
I have a growing list of things to add to this awesome thread, but wanted to read back through the whole thing to make sure I wasn't being repetitive. Htoutlaws already touched on the lack of listing of the many various Wild Card stripes, which I guess is one of the more annoying omissions to me, so I won't beat that dead horse too much. Although, really I don't see any reason why they cannot be added to the database. They already have all the basic set info so it's not like they would be unsure of a checklist...

Anyway here's my contribution for today:

1998 Score Star Salute Rookie Preview

These were found in Score Rookie Preview packs, which if I remember correctly was released a month or so before the main Score set. For some reason I thought the Rookie Autographs were in the Rookie Preview packs but the memory's a little fuzzy there and of course Beckett makes no mention of it in the set review online. Maybe some of you with the library of Annuals can see if there is anything in the 1999 one about them. Anyway, the Star Salute cards inserted in the Rookie Preview packs all had "Rookie Preview" on the back, and are definitely not the Promo cards, which are listed in Beckett. While I'm not sure if it is a full parallel set or a skip-numbered set, I have this Favre and also Deion Sanders.

[Image: 1998ScoreStarSalute11cRookiePreview_zps94a05005.jpg]

For comparison, here are the base set and the Promo version.

[Image: 1998ScoreStarSalute11a_zps20448d92.jpg]

[Image: 1998ScoreStarSalute11bPromo_zpsdf357944.jpg]
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by uwash97 - 08-22-2013, 03:23 AM