`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
Thanks uwash97. In all likelihood there is a Pacific Nights parallel for every card in the base set. Every supplied example helps to reaffirm that.

(08-21-2013, 12:40 AM)jaderock Wrote: Odd....beckett has it listed as only 4 cards and under "promo"

http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=2002...al+Edition+

This set must've been "previously" listed as I notated "Not listed on new beckett as under #/10" in my Master Havelist (at some point).

Good catch jaderock. Somehow I overlooked the fact that four of these parallel cards are OPG listed. Nevertheless the Engram and Favre and hundreds of other parallels from this set currently are not.

1998 Playoff Contenders Proof Sets

Originally when I made the attached post way back on page 12 of this thread I was not sure of the background of these 1/1 parallels. Later it was explained to me that these parallels were won by one buyer at an auction at a National show way back when. In a separate thread I trashed the idea of including these in the OPG because of how these sets were allocated. Since then I have had a change of heart again. After all, these at least were stamped by the company manufacturer.

Anyway, months ago three of these Playoff Contenders 1/1 Proof parallel sets have been added by Beckett to the OPG. These sets are as followed:
Leather,
Pennants - although it does not state which color specifically...I believe that a proof card exists for each of the eight variations of these pennants,
Tickets - the first 80 cards are listed but the last 20 are not...the last 20 were autographed rookie cards so it is very plausible that proofs were not created for those specifically.

The problem is that many more parallel sets exist that are not listed along with those three. If those three are listed all the others might as well be listed too.

Here are all of the 1998 Playoff Contenders sets with proof parallels (in all likelihood):
Checklist Jumbos, Honors, Leather, Leather Gold, Leather Red, MVP Contenders, Pennants Blue Felt, Pennants Gold Foil, Pennants Green Felt, Pennants Orange Felt, Pennants Purple Felt, Pennants Red Felt, Pennants Red Foil, Pennants Yellow Felt, Rookie Stallions, Rookie of the Year, Super Bowl Leather, Ticket (1-80), Ticket Gold (1-80), Ticket Red (1-80), Touchdown Tandems.

(02-10-2010, 12:36 PM)nittany13 Wrote: 1998 Playoff Contenders 1/1 Proof Sets<br />
[Image: BZCCCwBGkKGrHgoH-CIEjlLl0nU1BKksmnN.jpg]<br />
These are 1 of 1 serial numbered cards that I believe were distributed at that year's national card show convention. I have only seen versions of these for the Playoff Contenders brand, but that doesn't mean that similar Proof sets exist for other Playoff brands coming out that year (I doubt it though). I am not sure that every main and insert set for the 1998 Playoff Contenders had a Proof Set version, although I am inclined they do exist, but these I at least can confirm:<br />
-Tickets (shown above)<br />
-Pennants<br />
-Checklist Jumbos <br />
<br />
I think I remember seeing singles from the 1998 Leather and Rookie Stallions Proof Sets being sold online at one time years ago as well.

*UPDATE - I have not seen these since. I am not sure yet if these are legitimate collectibles.

Big Ten Icons 3x5 autographed cards

Back in 2010 or 2011 the Big Ten Network had a long running special of the greatest athletes in the history of the conference. These cards came out around that time. These are the only three that I found listed, and I have not seen any listed since although I have not actively looked for them that often. This is a multi-sport set but I do not have to point that out. I still do not know how they were distributed or how many cards featuring other athletes are out there... Mike Ditka? Dave Winfield? Ron Dayne? Magic Johnson?

[Image: B3zIupQEGkKGrHqVhUE72Tb65BMnkUtcvNQ_121_zpsa7f822ea.jpg][Image: B3zKl0wBWkKGrHqJjEydgr8d9nBMnkZSfJ_121_zps86a0dfda.jpg][Image: B3zFyvgmkKGrHqFhUE7wUqUVFBMnkOb88g_121_zps81dc8b9a.jpg]
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by nittany13 - 08-21-2013, 09:31 PM