`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..."

RE: UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..."
(07-02-2013, 02:38 PM)jheringa09 Wrote: ???????????
Nobody considered them rookies back then... No one. Not a single person at a card convention, a card shop, and even the manufacturers themselves. No one said that they were rookie cards... And if you've been collecting for around 24 years, you would've known the NFL took that licensing away from them... Not to put you on the spot or anything, but UD owes and they owe a lot. They only way they can sell efficiently is to advertise the word ROOKIE on their cards. I would not be surprised if Panini or Topps bought them later or a big time company comes through and buys them.

You can never put me on the spot, I knew that UD owed players money for signing and I knew that they lost their license but never looked into if that was the reason they lost their license or whatever the case may have been. I knew they lost it and that's all I needed to know. Collecting cards for that long doesn't mean I have to track down why UD lost their license. LOL Im not here to make any enemies or up set anyone just don't understand why a few of you are so hell bent on why these should not be considered RCs by most collectors. If they weren't then they would not sell for the crazy prices they do in exquisite. If it was just another auto patch #/99 then the big "RCs" would sell for much less as they do in other NFL licensed products compared to their rookies in those products.

[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..." - by s1020 - 07-02-2013, 03:51 PM