`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..."

RE: UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..."
(07-02-2013, 02:00 PM)s1020 Wrote: Just by reading the entire post It looks like your opinion is in the minority on this subject and most collectors still consider UD rookies as rookies. Me personally I don't like the fact that they are in college jerseys and that UD doesn't have an NFL license. Now buy other products with NFL licenses because Im not a big fan of college football but I still consider them as rookie cards. To me if its a players first year card in a product regardless of what jersey they have on and the card has Rookie stamped on it, I view it as a rookie.

Then you're getting robbed blindly when the obvious that you have stated is clearly in your face.
10-15 years from now, the majority of NFL fans won't even remember that Andrew Luck came from Stanford or that Cam Newton won a BCS Championship...
I don't know how long you've been collecting cards, but here's a PERFECT example: The 90's CLASSIC cards. No one remembers them...
(07-02-2013, 02:09 PM)s1020 Wrote: I can see the logic in that. Does anyone know why UD lost their NFL license? Did they get out bid by Panini or did they just not want to pay for it? UD has always been a "Pro" Licensed card company and I don't remember them ever doing much of anything in a college format before they lost their license. I think that has a lot to do with why so many of us still consider their "RCs" rookies. As far as I know its not a thing were UD wanted to not do NFL cards anymore and wanted to focus on college but a fact that somehow they lost their license with the NFL and had no other choice but to show players in their college uniforms.

The NFL doesn't sell their licensing to just one company ala exclusive rights...
And to answer your questions, they didn't plan on losing their license. They were planning on adding the college thingy to their products.
So in order to compete and stay afloat against Topps and Panini, they have to put the RC stamps and ROOKIE word on their cards to fake the public. Don't get it twisted...
Here:
Read up on UD...
http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/nfl...2-million/
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

Messages In This Thread
RE: UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..." - by jheringa09 - 07-02-2013, 02:11 PM