`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box...

RE: First Hobby Box ever and I pulled...
(03-11-2013, 05:29 PM)djohn Wrote: First off, CONGRATULATIONS! Personally I would keep it, but if I had to sell it then I would definitely not take any random offer for the card or rush to accept an offer. The first people to make offers on eBay are usually those looking to flip a card in hopes that you will just accept their offer. Also just remember that people trying to buy something are going to try and tell you it isn't worth that much because they want a better deal.
I checked eBay and saw the auction. Your asking price is definitely on the high side, but I wouldn't be surprised if you got $10-$12k for the card. As rare as the card is (after all it is a 1/1), there are still other cards you can compare it to for a reference on value. Topps has made 25 other Babe Ruth cut autographs (all but one were 1/1 and that one had 2 copies), some with memorabilia pieces and some without. The cards usually sell for around $10k. So if I had the card and needed to sell it, then I definitely wouldn't take under $10k. I also wouldn't make it a 1 week eBay listing though, as you want as much exposure to the sale as possible. Depending on which Major League player wants to buy it you might be able to get some nice perks from him along with the money to make that a worthwhile sale. That being said, I would want to make sure that the person was indeed a MLB player and not just a random person impersonating one in hopes of drawing out a sale at a lower value.

I started high, but I certainly have no reason to rush into a sale.

I really appreciate all of your advice. Everyone on the blog so far has been so helpful!

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Hobby Box ever and I pulled... - by KSUmarlow04 - 03-11-2013, 05:35 PM