`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arod out for the season? So who gets 3rd?

RE: Arod out for the season? So who gets 3rd?
(01-25-2013, 09:59 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: im sorry, but you are absolutely wrong. youk was shipped - a year late - because his numbers were horrible, and they had a proto-typical thirdbase guy in will middlebrooks

and the whole soccer thing is insane logic. most owners have mulriple businesses. they arent running each sport, thats why there are gm's

I agree with your first point (regarding Youk), but on the second point, while I'm not totally up-to-speed on the Sox/ManU situation, I think there's plenty of examples of owners (baseball in particular) where owners fail to adequately invest in their club. The Royals are a good example of a team that has failed to reinvest. Instead, they skim all that revenue sharing money for who knows what. Jeffrey Loria is another example of a baseball owner (and businessman) who diverts MLB revenue to his own pockets. So did Frank McCourt (former Dodgers owner). Again, I don't know enough about the Red Sox situation, but team owners hold the purse strings and exert control over the GM.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arod out for the season? So who gets 3rd? - by uvaspina - 01-25-2013, 11:09 PM