`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best card pulled from a pack..............

RE: Best card pulled from a pack..............
I had bought a box of 2010-11 Crown Royale from my LCS two years ago. While I was explaining the Silhouettes to him, and how gorgeous they were, I happened on a very thick pack. I opened it up to find a Nazem Kadri Silhouettes Patch #2/25! The patch was so insane as it had the RON from Toronto, and the APL from Maple in behind Kadri's photo! It drew some stares from everyone in the shop, and garnered a LOAD of interest at the card show on the weekend. It would have been insane if it was Subban or Hall, but the hype about Kadri was still in the air. I ended up selling it for $250 a couple of weeks afterwards. This is the best card I had hit.

My favorite card came from the LCS. I had just started my Jaroslav Halak PC, and had only a 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee base card of him. Mike happened to have a few blasters of 2007-08 Upper Deck kicking around, so he sold them to me for $12 each. I tore into them and opened the first pack... and staring back at me was this:

[Image: HockeyCards003.jpg]

... a sure sign that Halak is the one that I should be collecting!!! Now, thanks to the AMAZING Beckett Community members, my Halak PC is a stellar one! Awesome thread, shezdoni, and great stories, Beckett Community!

Randi

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best card pulled from a pack.............. - by rayeates - 01-23-2013, 08:17 AM