`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ever seen theses ultra rare joe Montana cards

RE: Ever seen theses ultra rare joe Montana cards
I'm always interested in a good story. Why are they ultra rare?
They are ultra rare coz there are only 12 of each that got out via an employee. They ended with a dealer in Chicago who was getting quantities of all skybox insert products. He showed me 12 of each and told me that is all he would be able to get. I tried to buy them all but he would only let me by 8 of each. Upon research, I was told that Montana had retired and had signed an exclusive contract with upperdeck. Because Montana was part of the NFL, each licensee was only allowed to print one card of Montana in their sets. So skybox elected to put the regular set card of Montana #72. I spoke to skybox and they had told me that they will not be including the insert cards and all were destroyed. When the football Beckett came out both insert was listed as "DOES NOT EXISIT". In the beckett annual football price guide #13 it read "the card hf2 was origionally supposed to feature joe montana, but was not released." I saw jim Beckett at a trade show and showed him the cards, thereafter in the football Beckett was changed to"HF2 issued early only and pulled" in the years past I have asked hundreds of people including avid Montana collectors if they have ever seen one, the answer is alway no....I had 4 HF2 and 2 IP 25 graded by PSA.....thanks for taking the time to ask and read this...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ever seen theses ultra rare joe Montana cards - by Johnybgud - 12-05-2012, 08:30 PM