`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
"THE GREAT "LETTER PATCH" CHASE *** * HELP COMPLETE MY SETS

RE: "THE GREAT "LETTER PATCH" CHASE *** * HELP COMPLETE MY SETS
Just received the Crawford letter "S" 1/1, but upset, that card was received damaged. two slight creases near border of patch.. OUCH! Creases are not seen on original picture that was listed on ebay.. it was hard to see the creases while inside pennysleee & toploader... I left positive feedback, then about 20 minutes later, took the card out to take my own scan to update my Crawford "letter colleciton"...

I emailed the seller & told him about the damaged card & sent him a link to the picture.. I paid $58.99 for this card.. I was surprised so many people bid on it, because I got another 1/1 card for very cheap.. under $20...

Damaged was more likely due to packaging.. because it was shipped in a toploader & bubblemailer.. no extra protection from damage.. nothing written on the envelope saying "do not bend" or "fragile" .. so the Postal people just through the envelope around & let it bang up against heavier envelopes..

When shipping cards with patches, jersey's or the old paper thin cards, there shipper should take extra caution when packaging.. add a cardboard blank (decoy card) on the outside of the toploader, on side of patch.. or ship in a magnetic toploader (best shipping method).. I have received 4-5 damaged cards that had patches and/or jerseys.... it gets me pissed, but there is nothing you can do when the card is a 1/1 or /10... I still want the card, because they are so scarce.. but paying a high price for a damaged card is not good!! It takes away from the value of the card.. & it will not be able to resell for the price I paid... probably can't even sell it for $10 now...

[Image: damaged_joecrawford_S_1-1.jpg]

[Image: JOECRAWFORD.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: "THE GREAT "LETTER PATCH" CHASE *** * HELP COMPLETE MY SETS - by jpleazme805 - 09-12-2012, 09:46 PM