`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Heat finally perform in the clutch

RE: The Heat finally perform in the clutch
(03-12-2012, 10:58 AM)robd5811 Wrote: Im trying to understand the point you tried to make here.. heres an example at one time vince carter played at a really high level dunk champ allstar olympian etc he was a superstar right?? What is he now? If lebron started to average 10pts a game he wouldnt be a superstar anymore..my point comes down to this you need to play at an extremely high level to be a superstar not just have 2 billion fans..deron williams is a superstar. Smile

I didn't say it was just the fan base, but that fan base is taken into consideration for superstar status. I don't remember my exact words (and yes I'm too lazy/busy to look them up), but it was the fan base along with help making a team win. Yes, every role player helps make a team win (and no I'm not calling Deron a role player), but a person that pushes them over the top (in Kobe's voice: "You're Welcome.", lol). They have to be that kind of player AND have the fan base to back up Superstar status. There are people in other countries that average 20 PPG (I'm guessing honestly) and they have a huge fan base in their country of play and would be considered superstars. But those who don't have a big fan base, aren't considered superstars, just stars. Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Stephon Marbury all USED to be superstars, but aren't superstars any longer.
I don't believe that if someone ever was a superstar that it means they will always be a superstar. Fan Base + Skill + Win = Superstar. Deron Williams --> Fan Base (low) + Skill (high) + Win (low) = Star. LeBron James/Kobe Bryant/Dwight Howard --> Fan Base (high) + Skill (high) + Win (high/moderate) = Superstar.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Heat finally perform in the clutch - by xstreaminsanity - 03-12-2012, 11:14 AM