`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: Do you like COSTCO to sell cases?

RE: Do you like COSTCO to sell cases?
(02-24-2012, 07:18 PM)charbs1111 Wrote: What the hell is your problem? I know what MSRP is. Im telling you if they sell at MSRP, you can get the cards MUCH CHEAPER online, so people will do that. Do you think Blowoutcards is the only place online to buy cards? You do understand people online sell boxes and cases cheaper than MSRP? Places like Costco used to sell boxes of cards. They dont anymore because its not profitable for them, at least not as profitable as other items. If it was, they would sell them, as would other retail stores. While the previous poster stated they stopped selling due to arugments in those stores, that is not true. Im sure it happened and sure they were happy to see it go, but its not how retail works, individual national chain stores dont pick what is sold in their stores. The hobby is not near as popular as it was in the 90's, therefore there is not demand for the product in stores. Plain and simple. Without that changing, anything discussed in this thread will not happen.

Costco website would be another story, but brick and mortar stores selling cases is not going to happen due to lack of demand and their inability to compete pricewise to make it worth their store space to sell the product. They would have to go below MSRP to get people to buy it. Do you know what tax is locally on a $1500 case of cards? Most places it would over $100. So even if they had the same price as someone selling it online, their price is actually $100 more. WILL NOT HAPPEN!

Hope that met your standards of contributing to this very amazing thread.
Respectfully disagree , I was that LCS owner that was at Sams every morning when business members were allowed in one hour prior to the public. Saw many pissed off Sams customers and our local manager was damn glad to get rid of card sales . He said this was not an isolated problem. I agree Sams Club does not make policy by what happens in one small town but it was a pain for the local managers Ironically I had one of their former employees call me last year to ask if I wanted to buy 200 boxes at what she paid for them in the 90's , so we all know who got the best stuff.

Photobucket

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you like COSTCO to sell cases? - by xarzy - 02-23-2012, 10:47 AM
RE: Do you like COSTCO to sell cases? - by quavis - 02-23-2012, 12:54 PM
RE: Do you like COSTCO to sell cases? - by djohn - 02-24-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: Do you like COSTCO to sell cases? - by sparty78 - 02-25-2012, 07:55 AM