`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went to Wally Wonderland again......:(

RE: Went to Wally Wonderland again......:(
I have to fight the urge every time I go into a retail store that sells sports cards. Never really see any basketball in san diego.. I did go to Target today, one of many in SD... wanted to go pick up another Thomas wooden train set for my 2yr old. They didn't have what I was looking for, so went to go see the cardboard boxes on my way out...

I seen two kids & an adult searching the packs.. the adult looked like a sports collector.. he said he wasn't when I asked him what he collected.. the two kids.. about 15-17 said they just got into football cards...

it was a strange situation.. because these guys just stared at me when I was picking up the boxes & reading the backs.. seen a lot of those variety boxes... first time I seen so many at target or walmart.. the kids had about 6-10 packs.. which I assumed were searched packs... but when I made a comment about people searching packs & cheating the kids.. they left the packs there & took off. they were football packs of UD.. I was thinking about picking them up myself.. but told myself no.. since I don't collect that sport. about 30 minutes later. the adult was in line to check out two aisles down.. he seen me walking out with purchase (no sports cards).. he said he had to go back & pick up the packs..

I am usually against those 100ct loose cards, with GU or auto.. the companies that put them together & market them are collectors just like us.. with 100,000 of cards... it's another way of selling a high dollar "lot" of cards.. sometimes there are good cards... but I would like to take the chance anymore.. I've caught myself buying too many of them when I got back into collecting a few years ago..

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Messages In This Thread
RE: Went to Wally Wonderland again......:( - by jpleazme805 - 01-04-2012, 01:19 AM