`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT - my job as a public defender - in re Jerome Simpson

RE: OT - my job as a public defender - in re Jerome Simpson
This is a very tough topic to discuss. However, I would like to point out that, breaking the law, no matter how or why, is still breaking the law. This is a problem in our society. Everyone has this sense of entitlement. We don't deserve anything! Laws are there to protect people. Whether or not pot should be legal is a separate issue. As it stands right now, it is illegal. As far as punishment, if you commit a crime, you should always expect to get the heaviest fine/punishment allowable and if you get anything less, count it a blessing.

Anyone can make excuses as to why they break a law, but at the end of the day, that's all it is, an excuse. It is not the responsibility of the government to take care of every person in a country. I believe that that responsibility should be for the communities. There are plenty of people that are in bad situations, but that is still no reason to break the law.

As far as the racial issue, I don't know what to say... It's always going to be around and the more I think we try to make laws to prevent it, the worst off it's going to be. I don't know what people are thinking nowadays when they think that the color of someone's skin has anything to do with their character or anything else about that person. It is such a narrow minded thing...

just my $.02
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT - my job as a public defender - in re Jerome Simpson - by soccerscrub - 09-24-2011, 10:39 AM