`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT - my job as a public defender - in re Jerome Simpson

RE: OT - my job as a public defender - in re Jerome Simpson
In the south drug laws are as stiff as it gets, even for pot they throw the book at you. Besides he was caught SELLING a dime bag not possession there's a big difference. I think weed should be legalized myself. I was a long time smoker(15years) but have since quit for employment purposes. If this kid was white they probably would have gone easier on him..sad...but if he was white and lived in california especially the Bay area or LA where it is basically legal they would have at most confiscated it for possession. Not sure what the punishments are around here for selling as I never got caught doing that. But most likely if it was a small deal nothing would happen. 9 out of 10 people smoke weed here and you can just walk into these medical clinics and buy it off the shelf so cops don't really care about it. But the south is still old school, Your CRAZY if you carry drugs around down there especially Texas. Ive seen people get 20 years for selling a small amount of crack or other hard drugs. In Cali even hard drugs usually nothing happens to you when your caught. Ive got some friends that got hooked on Meth pretty bad when we were kids and still use even to this day. They have been busted for possession probably a DOZEN times and have never spent more than a week or 2 in jail and some probation. In california they just send you to these classes most of the time and there a joke. Moral of the story, know the laws in the state in which you live if you plan on breaking them.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT - my job as a public defender - in re Jerome Simpson - by eazy e - 09-23-2011, 04:16 PM