`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(bimola picks a team, pg. 54)
Well apparently this is what utter domination looks like in card form. When you've got a 1/1 nameplate of a Hall of Famer that gets completely out-shined by 3 of your own cards, you know you brought it.

Leafs' Final Tally

bimola's Sittler Enshrined: 7 (bonnev; vadim; pretzel; alto; doddy; spud; ty4)
bimola's Sundin (16/35) Ultimate : 7? (cheat; rice; powell; wick; iluv; crawler; ono?)
bimola's Sundin (30/35) Ultimate : 1 (jafi)
jafi1972's Horton UM: 1 (blue)

Congratulations to bimola for breaking through in a big way with your Sittler. Who knew they could fit so much patch on one card?

Because there's some confusion with the Sundin (16/35) vote, I went with Sittler, but 7 votes are 7 votes, so let me know if you'd rather have Sundin (16/35) up there. Either way, we await your pick...

(09-22-2011, 12:08 AM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: The new entries are beautiful cards to be sure. It's as if you can't submit a card without some lettering involved this time around.

But the needle hasn't moved much since this afternoon and if THESE new ones aren't going to shake off any votes for bimola's ridiculous crop, we might be able to call this early tomorrow morning.

Leafs Vote

bimola's Sundin (16/35) Ultimate : 6? (cheat; rice; powell; wick; ono?; crawler?)
bimola's Sittler Enshrined: 4 (bonnev; vadim; pretzel; iluv; alto)
bimola's Sundin (30/35) Ultimate : 1 (jafi)
jafi1972's Horton UM: 1 (blue)

Don't worry guys...we'll leave it open for as long as you need to get your cards up and get them properly voted on. We want as many cards to be seen before closing the vote so I'll open the Leafs round for 24 more hours or longer if need be.

The Leafs round is supposed to be a big deal and I can think of a few others that are going to require more than a day to suss out. If I close a round early, it's only because I'm getting no indications that there are further cards to be seen. Speak up any time if you think I'm closing too early.

(09-22-2011, 11:44 AM)cheatinc Wrote: Methinks that manufactured patches like the horton should have their own category/thread since they're usually designed to be extra flashy...

I agree...since sometimes it's hard to tell what's manufactured. Let's exclude manufactured patches from here on out since they can't really win anyway.

(09-22-2011, 03:46 PM)mrspudhead Wrote: Wow, over 9000 views. Great thread rice. For those of you in Canada, you may see me on Global TV tonight as I was at the Black Cultural Centre of Nova Scotia today for several hours. My great-grandfather's cane is in this museum. Also a large poster of Boston Bruin's Willie O'ree is on display. Spud

Thanks a lot Spud. Hopefully, you can get a youtube video up. I'd like to watch it here in the States. I'm venturing pretty far off from hockey but, was your great-grandfather black? I have no idea what your book's about, but I know that Canadians deal with race very differently than here in the States, so I'm hoping we'll get a chance to see a few excerpts.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Messages In This Thread
RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(bimola picks a team, pg. 54) - by ricebondsmntna2young - 09-22-2011, 03:54 PM